Sunday, April 10, 2011

I guess I'm going to do this full time....

After mulling over this type of social media for over the last year and a half, I've decided to do it.

Here is an update for the course for the week of April 10th. today we are hosting the second day of the MAJGT Junior Golf tournament. Area players from the surrounding area aged 13-18 are playing. Low score was 68, 4 total players under 72.

The organizers are very good at running this tournament. Only moved a few hazard stakes, painted all the hazards lines, and setup the range for the players.

As for maintenance concerns this week, we will be finishing up our tree trimming on #14 tee, fertilizer on the greens and rough, do some mowing, topdress putting surfaces, and finally be off the grass on the range tee.

As people know, I submit a Board report for the Park District, and one of the biggest concerns was snowmold and winterkill from ice. Needless to say, i've been here 15 seasons and finally had to break ice on greens. #2, #3, #6 and #11 greens ice was removed. As for winterkill, I can only say we had minor killing on #6 and the putting green. I expect a full recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment